Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Finally!!!

For the past 3 nights Asche slept basically through the night (meaning I didn't have to do anything other than get up and soothe him a little) AND he slept in his OWN crib. It has been amazing!! Ken and I actually get to sleep in the same bed together with no little body between us (and you can't count Rose, she is like a teddy bear with a bad temper). It has been about 6 years since Ken and I have slept together. We have had a few nights here and there, but as a rule, one of us has been relagated to the couch. I hope he makes a habit out of it.

Now, that being said---I miss the feel of my baby next to me. I loved snuggling in with him, tucking his body in next to mine. Feeling his body heat, smelling his hair, listening to him breathe. It is sooooo short of a time that I can do that with my babies and I wasn't quite ready to let it go even if I was desparate for a full night's rest. Sometimes being a mom just sucks. On one hand you are thrilled that your little one has learned a new skill, has found a new way, has grown and is so pleased with themselves that they squeal their delight when they do their new found ability. The other hand says, WAIT, I AM NOT READY FOR YOU TO DO THAT!!!! I needed about 15 more minutes with him cuz I think I only got 15 minutes with him tiny.

1 comment:

  1. Baby D slept in between us for about 4 weeks. She is currently sleeping in a glider on the floor next to the bed... I'm hoping around June 20 (3 months) she (and I) will be ready for her to go to her room and sleep in her crib.

    ReplyDelete